Cherokee Rod and Gun Club invites all area Black Powder Shooters to join with us in fellowship for the enjoyment of our unique sport during our 2019 program.
We will have seven matches this year, March 9; April 13; May 11; June 8; July 13; August 10; September 14, all 2019.
We meet the second Saturday of the month at 9:30AM till about 2:00PM on the lower Cherokee Rifle and Pistol range (map on the reverse of the printable flyer). Bring your favorite black powder firearm, old or new, and your lunch, drinks and snacks and make a day of it with our members and shooting friends.
All of our shooting requires black powder or black powder substitute.
The course of fire for the first handgun event will be 10 shots slow fire at one target. Then we shoot 5 shots in 20 seconds twice at another target for a total of 20 shots for a possible score of 200-20x points with the handgun. We fire this standing.
Next we start the rifle portion of the competition with 5 shots being fired at a paper target in the shape of an American Bison as a bench-rest type shoot. There is a possible high score of 50-5X in this event. After we retrieve and score those targets we start the metal knockdown portion which is fired standing up. We fire 5 shots at the 100 meter pigs, 5 at the 150 meter turkeys, then 5 at the 200 meter rams. Each metal target has a score of 10 points for a total of 150 points on the steel targets and a total of 200 for the rifle. The highest possible score would be 400-25x for the whole match.
- Black Powder Cartridge…March 9, 2019, starting at 9:30AM on the lower Range, rain or shine
- Black Powder Cartridge…April 13, 2019, starting at 9:30AM on the lower Range, rain or shine
- Black Powder Cartridge…May 11, 2019, starting at 9:30AM on the lower Range, rain or shine
- Black Powder Cartridge…June 8, 2019 starting at 9:30 AM on the lower Range, rain or shine
- Black Powder Cartridge…July 13, 2019, starting at 9:30AM on the lower Range, rain or shine
- Black Powder Cartridge…August 10, 2019, starting at 9:30AM on the lower Range, rain or shine
- Black Powder Cartridge…September 14, 2019, starting at 9:30AM on the lower Range, rain or shine
The match director is Dennis Rutledge and he can be reached at (423)357-5812 or email at email@example.com for any questions about the matches.
The clubhouse and range is located 5.6 miles west of Interstate 26 exit 3 on Reservoir Road (Starts out as Meadowview Parkway)
2018 Season Winners
Left to right: First place Dennis Rutledge, 2nd place T.A. Smith and 3rd place Jonathan Price.