From Brian Sims Due to the COVID-19 guidelines being extended through April, there will NOT be a match on April 18th. With any luck, we’ll be shooting on May 16th. The club’s calendar has been updated. Remember there is NOT a club meeting this Thursday, it has also been canceled due to COVID-19.
CHEROKEE ROD AND GUN CLUB
4280 Reservoir Road
Kingsport Tennessee, 37660
(2.6 miles past Bays Mtn. sign)
Click on announcement title to open full screen
From Larry Dark: Howdy I came out to Cherokee on Saturday to shoot a couple rounds of Five Stand (very poorly) but that’s another discussion. There was a only a few at five stand and they were all keeping a great distance between each other, no one offered to shake hands. Up on the hill […]
From T.A. Smith: Dear Shooters As we are all trying to be good stewards of community health during the coronavirus pandemic, we must cancel the planned 22 Rifle Silhouette Match scheduled for April 14 at Cherokee Rod & Gun Club. Our plans for the remainder of the scheduled matches at Cherokee Rod & Gun will be […]
From Larry Dark: Howdy We are living in some very strange times right now. I don’t want to sound dramatic but its like our country has been attacked by an unseen enemy and we are at war. I know you are tired of hearing about Corona Virus. But we are trying to be proactive and […]
As I post this, our newest members are watching this orientation video at the club house. Going by the date on the file I have, we’ve changed from the old safety walk through to the new safety orientation around May of 2018. That means that every member who joined after that time has heard the […]
At tonight’s board meeting, the Ladies Day event that was to be held on May 2nd has been postponed to a yet to be determined date in the fall due to COVID-19. When the new date is selected, we will post it.
Some of the decisions made tonight, details to follow over the coming days. There WILL be a new member’s safety orientation the 4th Sunday as scheduled. The April 2nd club meeting is canceled. Ladies Day has been postponed until a yet to be determined date in the fall. Match Directors have the authority to either […]
From Larry Dark: Howdy UPDATE…..WE ARE CANCELLING OUR TROPHY SHOOT AND ATA BIG 50 EVENT THIS SATURDAY. THE RANGES ARE OPEN AND THERE WILL BE SOME PEOPLE SHOOTING, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN THEM , BY ALL MEANS FEEL FREE. THE TRUCK IS STILL SCHEDULED FOR THURSDAY AT 8A . LD
All, I’ve struggled with this decision over the last few days and with the CDC’s recommendation that all groups larger than 10 people be canceled, I’m going to cancel this weekend’s event. I hope that things get sorted out in the next 15 days and we’ll be able to shoot on April 18. With half […]